Tuesday, July 8, 2014

God Works in Us

- This is a beautiful benediction! God equips those He calls. God works in us and makes us fully fit, suitable, and capable to carry out His will and do what is pleasing to Him. He makes us perfect for the tasks He has for us. He doesn't need us but He chooses to use us for His glory and for His kingdom. What an honor and privilege it is for us to be participants in His amazing work in this world and get a front row seat to witness His mighty handiwork!

- Only the indwelling Son working in us by the Holy Spirit and through God's Word can transform us and make us well-pleasing in God's sight. Whatever good you see in me is what the Lord has done in me and through me. To Christ be all the glory forever! The same divine power that raised Jesus from the dead is available to us, is working in us, and is able to do everything for us that we're in need of. God strengthens us with spiritual strength to do good works. "Such confidence we have through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God." (2 Corinthians 3:4-5) I have God-confidence; I don't need self-confidence. There's no good thing wrought in us, but it is the work of God through Jesus Christ by His Spirit, for His glory, pleasure, and purpose. "For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose." (Philippians 2:13) "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)


- This verse made me think of Moses and his excuses for not wanting to go to Pharaoh to bring the Israelites out of Egypt. Clearly, our inadequacy/inability cannot be used as an excuse for not doing God's will. God will empower us and enable us to do what He wants us to do even if we think we're unable to do. We are "can-do" children of God because we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength (Philippians 4:13). "God often brings His people into such a condition that they do not know what to do. He does this that they might know what He can do. God is with His people at all times, but He is most sweetly with them in the worst of times." (Thomas Lye)


- Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for working in me and equipping me through Christ with everything good for doing Your will and for pleasing You! I desire to do Your will and to please, honor, and glorify you in all that I do and say. Please help me to know and obey Your will. Please help me to always walk by the Spirit and walk in faithful, humble obedience. I surrender all to You; please use my life to point people to Jesus, to further Your kingdom work, and to accomplish what You want me to accomplish. In Jesus's Name, I pray. Amen.



No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian