Monday, October 27, 2014

Burden Bearer

Burden Bearer

Are you feeling exhausted and drained from carrying your burdens? Do you find it difficult to deal with new challenges? Feeling stressed or overwhelmed? Feeling discouraged, frustrated, and/or weary? Friends, I would like to encourage you to look to God for strength and to remember that you are never meant to carry your burdens alone. Self-reliance is a snare. God wants you to come to Him and leave your burdens with Him. The Lord is our Daily Burden-Bearer! Isn't that beyond awesome? The Lord, God Almighty, the Creator of the universe, daily (not occasionally or weekly or monthly or annually, but DAILY) bears my and your burdens. Let that sink in our mind and heart and soul. Is there any burden too great for our Lord? NO! Praise God for His unending love and care for us! He is our Refuge and Strength. Trust Him with all your concerns. "If we can trust God for our eternal salvation, how can we not trust Him to provide for the "little" things of life?" (M.E.Howard) "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken." (Psalm 55:22) And we (brothers and sisters in Christ) are to help carry each other's burdens: "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2) The law of Christ is the law of Love! Please don't hesitate to let me know how I can help you and/or pray for you.

Rest Giver

Jesus loves you, invites you to spend time with Him, and longs to give you rest (peace that is out of this world). "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~Jesus (John 14:27) We can always bring everything to the Lord in prayer. Just cry out to Jesus! He listens; He cares. Take your problems (every worry/every concern/every burden) to Him and leave them there. Let go. Don't pick them back up. Don't carry around weights of your burdens; they will keep you from being useful. Let go and walk in freedom, in faith, and in obedience. Trust in God's loving sovereignty. Trust God's answers (God's will and God's ways) and God's timing. I pray. I trust. I rest.



5 comments:

elizabeth said...

Your photo is beautiful and the Word and your words encouragement to me.

Unknown said...

As heavy as my load feels sometimes, it helps to imagine how much more He is carrying.

Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen said...

Thank you for this beautiful reminder about how much God loves us. I connect with Him all the time - and I"m trying to make my blogs more Godly.

The other day, I heard someone ask what we would do if we knew God was taking care of everything. I'm still thinking about that. I know He is taking care of me, but...I still rely on money as my security. I want to rely on Him more!

Blessings,
Laurie

Timdani said...

Thank you for your words. I have found my head all cluttered today and feeling overwhelmed. I have been trying to hand things over to God but I am finding myself distracted by life today. I'm taking the night to rest a bit but I don't know if that will make tomorrow more stressful! Thanks for the prayers.

a joyful noise said...

No need to carry heavy burdens, for Jesus paid the price and HE can carry them all away. Yes, Cast your care on Him. Your words are so true and uplifting. Thank you for sharing with us here at "Tell Me a Story."

A Must-See Video for Every Christian