Thursday, October 16, 2014

God's Purposes Prevail

- The Lord works out everything for its purpose (according to His plan) Everything. All things are made by Him and for Him. "For from Him and through Him and for Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen." (Romans 11:36) 
- Even the destruction of the wicked is according to His will (He is God of Justice). "For Scripture says to Pharaoh: 'I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display My power in you and that My Name might be proclaimed in all the earth.'" (Romans 9:17) "The wicked are as much in the hands of God to be punished by Him as the good are in His hands to receive undeserved kindness." (~James Maclean)
- Everything in God's design has its own purpose and reason. Everything (including the day of trouble/disaster for the wicked) serves His purposes. If the wicked don't repent, they will fall under the wrath of God. Everything demonstrates God's goodness, power, wisdom, justice,...for His glory. The will and the works of God will prevail. The plans and the purposes of God will prevail. God is sovereign over all. God governs the world. The free choices of people do not surprise God and do not thwart God's plan. I love the story of Joseph. Genesis 50:20 sums it up, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Knowing that God is in total control of my life humbles me and comforts me. Why should I fear? Why should I worry? God's got my back. I just need to trust Him and obey Him.


4 comments:

kate loving shenk said...

Love to you. Your message is true and sweet.

Mel Day said...

I love your passion.

It's certainly hard to see God's better side when we have IS, Ebola and other wars or to understand his purpose with these.

Tamalamadingdong said...

So happy to have found you and this post!! Thank you for the wisdom and insight!
God bless you daughter of the Greatest King.

Anonymous said...

Love the Jonathan Edwards quote! We certainly live in a time when we need to know that God's purposes prevail. Thank you and God bless!

A Must-See Video for Every Christian