Friday, February 6, 2015

Do Good to All


Do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers (not only locally but also globally) whenever we can. We must not forget or neglect our brothers and sisters in Christ who have needs. The sick, poor, weak, sorrowful, discouraged, and distressed are in every congregation and around the world. Are you too busy that you miss opportunities to do good to others? A friend who wants to talk...a child who has a problem...an elderly woman who needs snow shoveled off her driveway? Seize each opportunity to do good deeds. Give cheerfully and generously to those in need. Help others out not just physically but also emotionally (comfort, encouragement, listening ears, hugs) and spiritually (praying, restoring as in Galatians 6:1).

Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” (John Wesley)

"
I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now." (Unknown)

"God is not glorified when we kept for ourselves (no matter how thankfully) what we ought to be using to alleviate the misery of unevangelized, uneducated, unmedicated, and unfed millions." (John Piper)

Prayer:
Lord, please give me Your eyes so that I may see the needs of others and all the opportunities You have placed in my path to do good to them and please help me to seize the moment for Your glory. 

Below is a video that my daughter made of her short term mission trip onboard the Logos Hope in 2011 (she was 18). I love this song, Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath, which goes well with the verse above.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian