Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Faith Comes from Hearing the Message about Christ

It's imperative that we share God's Word so that people will hear the message about Christ and believe in Christ. It is God's will for the gospel to be preached to all nations so that those who hear may put their faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20) The Great Commission is a command for all Christ's followers, not just for preachers and missionaries. All believers must be diligent in proclaiming the gospel. The gospel is this: Jesus saves sinners by dying on the cross for our sins (He paid the punishment that we deserve) and offers forgiveness, eternal life, and His righteousness to those who believe in Him. One can come to faith in Christ only through hearing the gospel (the good news about Jesus Christ as the crucified and risen Savior). Faith is the confidence in Christ's finished atoning work on the cross that fulfilled God's plan of salvation for the world. We need to tell people about Christ...about salvation by grace alone through faith in Christ alone so that those who are dead in sin will hear and know the truth regarding how they can be saved and raised to life in Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. People need to hear what God says about sin, salvation, and Savior through His Word. 

There are currently about 7,000 unreached people groups. What are we, Christ's followers, doing about it? Remember that the task of evangelism can only be done on earth since there will be no sinners/unbelievers in Heaven. Therefore, let us take the Great Commission seriously and be active in spreading the gospel. It's a matter of urgency! People are dying and going to Hell everyday, without ever hearing the gospel of Jesus even once. "Go, send, or disobey!" (John Piper) "It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known."(Romans 15:20a) "I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." (Acts 20:24) By the way, we must not forget to make disciples of our own children and equip them to share the gospel and multiply disciples! Teach them to obey God and His Word. We must live the gospel out in our daily lives so that it will validate the gospel we speak with our lips.

Prayer: Thank You, Abba Father, for loving me, choosing me, and adopting me into Your family! Thank You for giving me the gift of childlike faith! I'm so grateful for the gospel of salvation by grace alone through faith in Christ alone. Please empower me to boldly share the gospel with those who need to hear. Please help me conduct myself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.







No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian