Saturday, March 20, 2010

Nothing But the Blood

Note: Please turn off my music playlist at the bottom of this page before starting the videos.

Nothing But the Blood (Words and Music by Robert Lowry, 1826-1899)


Nothing But the Blood by Matt Redman

"Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." Hebrews 9:22b
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.  God presented Him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in His blood." Romans 3:23-25a

Only the shedding of God's Son's blood can satisfy God's justice for our past, present, and future sins.  Christ's blood makes us righteous (have right standing with God).  Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your precious blood that makes me white as snow!

"Nothing can for sin atone--nothing but the blood of Jesus; naught of good that I have done--nothing but the blood of Jesus." ~Robert Lowry (from the hymn above (the first song); this stanza was not sung in the video).


Previous Songs:
Redeemer
- Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
- Faithful One
Your Love Broke Through
Until the Whole World Hears
- Take My Life
- In Christ Alone
- Sweetly Broken
- Be Thou My Vision
- God With Us
- Offering- Christmas Version 
- How Many Kings
Give Thanks
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- He Knows My Name
- Oh Lord, You're Beautiful!
- I Surrender All
- Mighty To Save
- Could I Be Called a Christian?
- Cry Out to Jesus
- Jesus, Be the Center
- God of Justice
- Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- I Will Offer Up My Life
- When It's All Been Said and Done
- Knowing You, Jesus

14 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Beautiful - Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

Lisa notes... said...

I love this--it wasn't what I was expecting. A beautiful version of an oldie but a goodie. The blood of Jesus is an eternal gift.

annies home said...

Praise God for the blood of Jesus.

Karen said...

Two great songs...one wonderful message!

Cindy said...

Love this old hymn! So true.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

great post....thankful for His shed blood

Annesphamily said...

I was grateful to hear this. Thank you for sharing with us today. Blessings to you!

Julie said...

Thank you. An awesome video.

Charlotte said...

Nothing But the Blood of Jesus is a song we used to sing in church all the time. The words are so true. Thank you for sharing the videos with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Musings of A Minister said...

POWERFUL!!

Debbie Petras said...

It all comes back to the shed blood of Jesus. The only way to pay for our sins. Two wonderful songs with powerful messages.

Blessings,
Debbie

RCUBEs said...

Great reminder of the cleansing power of Jesus' blood! Blessings to you sister. Have a great week ahead.

Cathy said...

I love that hymn. Blessings ~

Unknown said...

I love this hymn. It is so true and is a great reminder of what we have to be thinakful for and at what price God purchased us! Beautiful, thanks!

Katrina
www.proverbs-31-wife.blogspot.com

A Must-See Video for Every Christian