Saturday, August 15, 2009

Knowing You, Jesus

From the Heart of Worship

Knowing You (All I Once Held Dear) was written by Graham Kendrick and sung by Robin Mark

My desire is to know Him more and to make Him known! Certainly, there is no greater thing than knowing Jesus! I love You, Lord!
"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3:7-11
Previous Songs:
- In Christ Alone
- Be Thou My Vision

6 comments:

annies home said...

what a wonderful song we sing this alot at church and you can just feel the spirit in the church when it is sung

Lisa notes... said...

A nice pick! A very good song. Didn't know it. I love learning new songs.

More Than Words said...

So right...there is nothing greater!!!

Have a wonderful Saturday!!

annies home said...

that is my desire as well and one that I want to implant in my children so that when they get older they can share that desire with their own children

Peggy said...

Knowing You Jesus...there is no greater...JOY!!!

Blessings LivingforGod...how we all should be doing just that & also our desire should be what you wrote!

Great song...with very meaningful words. Beautiful video as well. Though I know Integrity's Graham Kendrick, I was not familiar with this song or Robin Mark but I love the peace & beauty of the song & lyrics. Thanks so much for your visit.

I noticed the "Heart of Worship"
sweet child raising her arms & I was going to tell you I love this but found out it was another meme.
That's great! So I clicked to go check it out as well. Looks like it's for Sunday??? Well, I love GGM's buttons, they are precious.
And I love to worship! Hope we visit each other again! God bless you & your family. Thanks!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

LOVE that song! Am singing and swaying along and Noah is copying me! heehee

blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

A Must-See Video for Every Christian