Friday, August 28, 2009

In Father's Hands

Friday Photo Flashback

This picture was taken in 1993 when our oldest daughter was a newborn. Alyssa was born prematurely and weighed only 4 lbs. 5 1/2 oz. Now you would have never guessed that when you look at her :). She just turned 16 last month. Alyssa is such a beautiful blessing to our family and to the world. She blogs at Life of Faith and she is a contributor at Growing In Grace Online Magazine.

In this picture, she looks so tiny and fragile, yet so loved and protected in her Daddy's arms/hands. It made me think of how we (God's children) can rest, feel loved and secure in our Heavenly Father's hands. It's the best place to be!

Previous Friday Photo Flashback:

- Thai Version of Wipe Out

- My Graduation Day in Thailand

6 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Coming over from Alicia's place. Oh my goodness, this picture is PRECIOUS. My daughter was 5'4", so I remember cuddling with one so tiny.

Wonderful memories.

Love,
Beth

Unknown said...

Oh so precious.. Would visit alicia's place to see how she is growing..=)

Theresa Miller said...

That is so cool!

Hazel said...

Wow you were a mom in 1993! where was I then... :-) What a beautiful baby! I can't believe she's 16 now, and blogging too.

More Than Words said...

Ahhh..what a precious picture! And yes, she looks so tiny in her daddy's hands! I imagine that's how we look w/ our heavenly Father!!

Thank you so much for linking up w/ us!!!

Oh, and I'll have to check out your daughters writing!!

Muthering Heights said...

Awww, he looks so proud in the photo!

A Must-See Video for Every Christian