Saturday, August 22, 2009

When It's All Been Said And Done

From the Heart of Worship

Note: Please turn off my music playlist at the bottom of this page before starting the video.



When It's All Been Said And Done (Words and Music by Jim Cowan, Sung by Don Moen)

When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for You?

When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I've done
For love's reward
Will stand the test of time

Lord, Your mercy is so great
That You look beyond our weakness
And find purest gold in miry clay
Turning sinners into saints

I will always sing Your praise
Here on earth and ever after
For You've shown me heaven's my true home
When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone

Lord, I live my life for You! I can never thank You enough for Your grace & mercy and Your love for me. I will always sing praises to You and You alone. My life is a gift from You and it's Yours; please use it for Your glory and according to Your will.

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:20-21

"If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." Romans 14:8

You have one life to live. How are you living your life? Will you have any regrets on your death bed? When it's all been said and done, can you say that you did your best to live for God? "Have you ever seen the little plaque that reads, "Only one life, 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last?" Well, that's not (all) what the poet wrote. The poet wrote this: "Only one life, 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last. And when I am dying, how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee." Do you think all Christians die happy? Not on your life! Some of them die as miserable as sinners. Why? Because they've misused their time and wasted their lives. Many of you have laid dying on a hospital bed and prayed, "Lord, if You would only spare me, I'll do this, that, or the other." Well, have you done it?" ~Leonard Ravenhill

We need to ask ourselves: Are we wasting away our lives? If you have never read Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper yet, I highly recommend it.

Previous Songs:

- Knowing You, Jesus

- In Christ Alone

- Be Thou My Vision

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Very pretty, I love Don Moen's music.

Peggy said...

Blessings Living for God! How inspirational your words & how I LOVE Don Moen & his music!

I am in the process of John Piper's "Don't Waste Your Life". I had posted his videos a while back & now reading when I can the pdf of this!

Thanks for sharing this beautiful message & song! EnJOY TSMSS!

Debbie Petras said...

What a powerful message in song. And how true it is. I don't want to be on my death bed with regrets for how I lived my life. And my grandmother used to have a plaque with that saying. Great reminder.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh what a beautiful song! I love Don Moen's music. He has such a wonderful way of bringing us to the heart of God. Thank you for sharing! Hope you have a great week!

Debra Kaye said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your kind comments. This was a beautiful song to share for TSMSS!

Blessings to you this week!

A Must-See Video for Every Christian