Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Success

No, God will not give you whatever you want :)! He will give you the desire of your heart when your heart's desire lines up with His desire, will, and purpose. He will fulfill all your plans when they are according to His plans.

It's good and wise for us to plan and set goals. But we must prayerfully ask God for His wisdom, guidance, and direction. And we must be willing to surrender all to Him, including our own desires, ambitions, and plans and be willing to accept the outcome according to His will, not ours. This verse in my NIV Bible reads, "May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed." How do you define "success"? Outside of God's will, "success" is indeed failure. "To know the will of God is the greatest knowledge, to find the will of God is the greatest discovery, to do the will of God is the greatest achievement." (Unknown) That's success to me!

"Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4) "He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him." (Psalm 145:19a) The more we know God, the more we know His heart and will. The more we spend time with God (in prayer and in His Word), the better we know Him and He will give us His desires and mold us to be women/wives/mothers after his own heart.

Prayer: Father, please forgive me for all my selfish desires and plans. Please take away my selfishness and help me to always follow after Your own heart. I want to love what You love and hate what You hate. I only want to do Your will...nothing more, nothing less, nothing else. Please reveal Your will for my life to me and help me obey it. Please guide my every step and every decision. Thank You for Your Word which is a light on my path and for Your Holy Spirit Who is my faithful Counselor. Please purify my heart & fill it with Your desires and purify my mind & fill it with Your thoughts. May Your passion become my passion and Your vision become my vision! In Jesus's name I pray. Amen.
 

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian