Monday, September 29, 2014

Divine Deliverance

Those who fear (revere) the Lord need not fear anyone or anything because He provides divine protection and deliverance. The angel of the Lord may refer to an angel, or a host of angels, or Jesus (in His pre-incarnation state). The angel of the Lord securely surrounds, guards, defends, and rescues the faithful. I'm sure God has kept us from harm's way countless times which we are unaware of. God is at work behind the scenes all the time. God also sends His angels to watch over and minister to His children.

God is for us; who can be against us? When you go through a difficult time, take comfort in His promises. "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today...The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:13a, 14) "As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people both now and forevermore." (Psalm 125:2) "Sovereign Lord, my strong Deliverer, You shield my head in the day of battle." (Psalm 140:7) God is our Refuge, Shield, Fortress, Protector, and Deliverer.

Prayer: Father, thank You for surrounding, protecting, and delivering me! Please help me trust in You completely, look past my circumstances to You, my all-powerful Deliverer, and rest in the palm of Your hand. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian