Monday, September 8, 2014

Be Very Careful How You Live!

- We must be very careful/prudent about how we live/how we spend our time on this earth. We should live wisely, depending on God's wisdom to guide us and walking in faith and obedience. "Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord." (Ephesians 5:8b-10)
- "Unwise" or "foolish" used in the Bible refers to moral rather than intellectual deficiencies. The fool don't lack mental powers but they misuse them. They don't have the fear of God and they ignore God's truths/ principles/wisdom.
- "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock." ~Jesus (Matthew 7:24) The difference between a wise man and a foolish man is obedience! 
- We must be very careful and intentional about being light and salt in this world of darkness. People need the Lord! Let's make the most of every opportunity to share Christ's love and His message of redemption with others! Let's live wisely with integrity and do all we can to point people to Jesus! "Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you." (~Anonymous) Our lives as Christ's followers should make nonbelievers question their disbelief in God.
- "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life!' (Psalm 39:4) 
"A life once spent, is irrevocable!...The same may be said of each day. When it is once past, it is gone forever!...How shall we then wish to see each day marked with usefulness! It is too late to mend the days which are past, but the future is in our power. Let us, then, each morning, resolve to send the day into eternity in such a garb as we shall wish it to wear forever. And at night, let us reflect that one more day is irrevocably gone--indelibly marked!" ~Adoniram Judson
"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom!" (Psalm 90:12) 

- Realizing that life is short helps us use the little time we have here on earth more intentionally and for eternal good. We have one life to live. How are you living your life? You and I are not getting any younger. Will you have any regrets on your death bed? When it's all been said and done, can we say that we did our best to live for God? "Have you ever seen the little plaque that reads, "Only one life, 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last?" Well, that's not (all) what the poet wrote. The poet wrote this: "Only one life, 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last. And when I am dying, how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee." Do you think all Christians die happy? Not on your life! Some of them die as miserable as sinners. Why? Because they've misused their time and wasted their lives. Many of you have laid dying on a hospital bed and prayed, "Lord, if You would only spare me, I'll do this, that, or the other." Well, have you done it?" ~Leonard Ravenhill 
- Each day is a gift from the Lord. I want to live my days according to His Word and His will, spending my time on earth wisely and for His glory. I want to live each day in the light of eternity, keeping an eternal perspective with me always. "Lord, stamp eternity on my eyeballs." (~Jonathan Edwards) Just being alive each day is not the same as "living." What are our days filled with? What do we want to see happen in our lives before we die? What would we like people to remember us for? What steps could we take today toward that purpose?  Whatever you do, don't waste your life.
To ponder: "If we could live every day as though it may be the very last one before the final judgment, what a difference it would make here on earth." ~Billy Graham
- Prayer: Father, I desire to live my life for You! I can never thank You enough for Your grace & mercy and Your love for me. I delight in You, in Your Word, in pleasing & honoring You, and in telling others about You. My life is a gift from You and it's Yours; please use it for Your glory and according to Your will. Please help me to always walk in Your wisdom and do what's right in Your eyes. May Your passion be my passion and Your vision be my vision. By Your grace, my life shall not be wasted. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian