Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Only One True God

- Psalm 18 is David's hymn of thanksgiving. David gives God all the credit. God is his (and our) Strength, Rock, Fortress, Deliverer, Refuge, Shield, Horn of Salvation, and Stronghold.

- There is no other God. Jehovah/ Yahweh alone is to be worshiped and reverenced. There's none like Him. We can have absolute confidence in the Lord, who is our Rock. "There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no Rock like our God." (1 Samuel 2:2) "How great You are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like You, and there is no God but You, as we have heard with our own ears." (2 Samuel 7:22)


- One of my favorite Names of God is Yahweh Tsuri, The Lord My Rock. He is the Rock of my soul! "
He is the Rock; His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He." (Deuteronomy 32:4) The word Rock symbolizes strength, power, shelter, protection, defense, faithfulness, uprightness, stability, dependability, security, safety, justice, and firm foundation. We can always count on God and rely on Him. The world may be falling apart but Christ is our Redeemer, Rock, and Refuge. He is unchanging and unfailing. "They (the Israelites) all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual Rock that accompanied them, and that Rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:3-4) Where do you build your lives? I've chosen to build my life on "the Solid Rock" (Jesus Christ) and rest on His unchanging grace.


Prayer: O Lord, thank You for being my mighty Rock and Fortress Whom I can always rely upon and trust in! Thank You for being my Shelter and Refuge from the storms of life! My hope is in You alone. Please help me to find rest in You and hold on to You no matter what.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian