Thursday, November 9, 2017

Live What You Believe

"Only let us live up to what we have already attained." (Philippians 3:16 NIV)

Let us conduct our lives in congruence with our faith, convictions, knowledge of Christ, understanding of God's truths, and spiritual maturity we have already attained. Walk in obedience to Christ. Walk in the Spirit. Live to share His light and love which you have received. "
We know that we have come to know Him if we keep His commands. Whoever says, 'I know Him,' but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone obeys His Word, God's love is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in Him." (1 John 2:3-5) Put into daily practice what you have already learned. We're responsible for what God has given us. We are not to look down upon or complain about or quarrel with our brothers and sisters in Christ who may not be at the same level of spiritual maturity, knowledge, and understanding. Let us love one another as Christ loves us and work together in unity for God's kingdom and glory as Christ intends for us!

"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you." (Unknown)


You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read, and your life is under scrutiny every day. What do others learn from you? Do they see an accurate picture of your God?” (John MacArthur )

"When they see a follower of Jesus who is sold out for Christ, living free of legalism and bondage to the world, they are drawn to Jesus. When they see a follower of Jesus living for 'self' and the world, they have no problem rejecting Jesus because it allows them to play the hypocrite card. The world needs us to be an example of living the Bible so that they too are drawn to Christ. They need answers, and for us to say we are "Christians" and live our life in pursuit of personal gain would only be a contradiction to who we say we follow." (David McGee)

"Becoming a Christian means no longer living for yourself but for God in obedience to Him...To say you believe in Him and then continue living as though nothing has changed is to deny the power of God in your new life." (Billy Graham) 

"I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am." (John Newton)

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for Your continual work in me! I desire to live for You. Please use my life, my words, and my actions for Your kingdom and glory. Please enable me to live the gospel out daily with integrity. Please help me keep growing in Christlikeness. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian