"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all--how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height or depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:31-39
Powerful, isn't it?! What awesome assurance and comfort it is to know that:-
- God is on our side (we're permanently on the winning team)
- God graciously gives us all things (according to His will)
- God justifies us by His Son's blood (by His grace through faith, we have been set free from condemnation, the law of sin and (spiritual) death, and everlasting punishment)
- Jesus is interceding for us (we've got the Best Advocate)
- Nothing will ever be able to separate us from God's love (eternally guaranteed)!!!!!
This week, I am again including a video because this song, I Belong (Words and Music by Mildred Rainey and Kathryn Scott, sung by Kathryn Scott) goes perfectly with my Bible verses today :). Enjoy.
Note: Please turn off my music playlist at the bottom of this page before you start the video.
Announcement: My 16 year old daughter (with Dad's and Mom's support) just launched a quarterly Christ-centered online magazine for the whole family, More Than Conquerors. You will find a variety of articles, a free book offer, and a fantastic DVD giveaway. Please stop by there when you get a chance. Your comments and suggestions would greatly be appreciated!
- Where Does My Help Come From?
- Jubilant, Joy, and Judge
- Rooted in Love
- Who Daily Bears Our Burdens?
- Reflecting the Lord's Glory
- The Rock Eternal
- His Eye Is On The Sparrow