Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Where Does My Help Come From?



Photobucket

When we are struggling or going through a difficult time, what do we focus our heart, mind, and attention on?  Most often than not...our problems, our trials, or people involved, etc.  That usually makes matters worse because we become occupied with our troubles, focus on self-pity, play a blame game, and/or lose the right perspectives (eternal/Biblical perspectives).  Instead, we need to remind ourselves to look to the Lord for help because He knows what's best for us.  We want His will (not ours) to be done, anyway.

"We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our Help and our Shield." Psalm 33:20

"God is our Refuge and Strength, and ever-present Help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." Psalm 46:1-3

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:2-3

Bonus: I know I'm supposed to post just a picture with a Bible verse(s). I think that this song goes so well with my WFW; therefore, I would like to share it here with you as a bonus :). Hope you will be encouraged by it! Note: Please turn off my music playlist at the bottom of this page before you start the video.



Remember...through fire and storm, the Lord never leaves us nor forsakes us.  I will choose to praise Him in the storm; I know where my help comes from.

Previous WFW:
- Jubilant, Joy, and Judge
- Rooted in Love
- Who Daily Bears Our Burdens?
- Reflecting the Lord's Glory
- The Rock Eternal
- His Eye Is On The Sparrow

13 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

That is one of my favorite Casting Crowns songs. I played it more times than I can count when my hubby was gone. I claimed those verses as my own as well.

Denise said...

Such a wonderful WFW.

Phebie said...

thanks for sharing such wonderful promises of God!

Happy WfW! God Bless...

Unknown said...

How I love this verse. Your message speak to me thank you so much and praise God for this powerful reminder.
Beyond Motherhood

SnoWhite said...

I see such a theme in the WFW today... isn't it amazing how God uses this meme to speak? Thanks.

Lauren said...

This is very precious. Thank you for sharing this - it's a source of encouragement to me today. That video is amazing. It touched my heart more powerfully because of the images... I lost a good friend in Afghanistan last week. Yet, I know that God has a plan. Thank you for sharing this...

TheAtticGirl said...

I love that verse! Thanks for sharing!

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/09/wordless-wednesday-cat-in-box.html

Peggy said...

Blessings my friend...Such encouragement with God's Word & your photo & your reflections! I love Casting Crown, and as long as we praise Him in the storm and lift our eyes to the Problem Solver, the weight and problems are lifted by Our Burden Bearer, who won the victory for us over sin & death, so all the rest is but mere dust in the wind! Thanks for your visit & words! EnJOY WFW!

Cathy said...

Thank God He is always with us. That is a great song and wonderful WFW.

Anonymous said...

Love those verses. A wonderful reminder.

Happy WFW!

Susannah said...

Great minds think alike. I posted the same verse... obviously a fav. for many! :~D

JLaine said...

a big amen to your wonderful verse!

Lalaine's World
From Asia and Beyond
Day to Day Miracles
Trying to be Fit
Not a Shopaholic

Laurencita said...

Amen! Nobody can help us except our big big God! Thanks for your visit.

A Must-See Video for Every Christian