Monday, September 14, 2009

My Half & Half Day

Today is my "half and half" day :). It's hard to believe that I have already spent half of my entire life in America.  I spent 20 years growing up in Thailand and I have now spent another 20 years in the U.S.  I first came here on Sept. 14, 1989 to study at Oregon State University for my master's degree.  After I graduated, I got married (Sept. 7, 1991) to my sweetheart.  We met on my campus (Chulalongkorn University) in 1988.  He went with Campus Crusade for Christ on a summer mission project and I was helping Campus Crusade for Christ in Thailand as an interpreter.  Some day, I will post about our love story's details.  I believe in "arranged marriages" (arranged by the Lord). 

I miss Thailand (Land of Smiles), but I would probably miss America, too, if I were away from here for a long period of time (like 20 years :)).  My husband and I hope and pray that someday we will be able to go back to Thailand as full-time missionaries (if it's God's will).  I am looking forward to seeing what plans God has for my life and my family from this point forward.  I don't know what the future holds but I know Who holds the future! (I know it's a cliche but it's true.)  Living for God is an exciting & rewarding adventure; it's the best way to live!

"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other.  Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future." Ecclesiastes 7:14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian