1. I am thankful that my husband and my kids are very forgiving. I have "blown" it again and again, but they keep forgiving me. I can relate to Paul when he said in Romans 7:15, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Praise God for His forgiveness through Jesus Christ our Lord!
2. I am thankful that my kids have always been honest/truthful. They may fail at times in some character issues but I'm glad that honesty is well ingrained in them.
3. I am thankful that my family loves to smile and laugh. My husband and kids have a great sense of humor. I cannot imagine going through a day without smiling or laughing :).
4. I am thankful that Alyssa, my 16 year old daughter, is willing to do hard things for the glory of God. She has been a shy kid. Bravely, she decided to join our local Christian Speech/Apologetics/Debate Club. She is interested in apologetics and desires to be an effective communicator for Christ and defender of the faith.
5. I am thankful that Alyssa has a passion to serve the Lord with whatever gifts/skills He has blessed her with. She (an aspiring writer) just launched an online Christ-centered magazine for the family, More Than Conquerors. Please check it out when you get a chance. You will find a variety of articles, a free book offer, and a fantastic Vision Forum DVD giveaway.
"In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height or depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39