Friday, September 11, 2009

A Taste of Thailand

Friday Photo Flashback

This coming Monday (Sept. 14th) will mark my 20th year of living in America.  It's my "half-n-half" day :).  I spent 20 years growing up in Thailand and I have spent (almost) another 20 years in the U.S.  I first came here on Sept. 14, 1989 to study at Oregon State University for my master's degree.  The pictures above were taken at OSU's A Taste of Thailand event.  My husband (boyfriend at the time) and I were in a funny skit (about Songgran/Thai New Year Festival).  My outfit was a Northern hills tribe kind of clothing.  During Songgran, people enjoy getting others wet (the water play is usually fun and welcome (unless it's violent/excessive) since the weather during April 13-16 is very hot in Thailand).  On stage, I was armed with a water squirt gun.  My husband played as a tourist.  The lady between us in the first picture is my husband's mom (my mother-in-law).

Previous Friday Photo Flashback:
- I Could Never Promise You
- In Father's Hands
- Thai Version of Wipe Out
- My Graduation Day in Thailand

6 comments:

Alicia said...

That is wonderful that you and your husband go way back as well! It's amazing how those years have flown by!

Wow, and Happy upcoming half & half Anniversary!!

Thank you for sharing again!

Susan said...

Hi, So nice to meet you!

Loved your pictures.

My son just left Thailand after living there for 6 months. He taught English in a school there.

He loved your country!

Robyn said...

Love your pictures and great memories!

Muthering Heights said...

How fun!!!

The imPerfect Houswife said...

What fun memories and great pictures! Look at your husband's shorts - no wonder you picked him! HA HA Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a good weekend ~ ♥

Darcie said...

Thanks for sharing a taste of Thailand with us! Great post!

A Must-See Video for Every Christian

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails