Friday, September 11, 2009

A Taste of Thailand

Friday Photo Flashback

This coming Monday (Sept. 14th) will mark my 20th year of living in America.  It's my "half-n-half" day :).  I spent 20 years growing up in Thailand and I have spent (almost) another 20 years in the U.S.  I first came here on Sept. 14, 1989 to study at Oregon State University for my master's degree.  The pictures above were taken at OSU's A Taste of Thailand event.  My husband (boyfriend at the time) and I were in a funny skit (about Songgran/Thai New Year Festival).  My outfit was a Northern hills tribe kind of clothing.  During Songgran, people enjoy getting others wet (the water play is usually fun and welcome (unless it's violent/excessive) since the weather during April 13-16 is very hot in Thailand).  On stage, I was armed with a water squirt gun.  My husband played as a tourist.  The lady between us in the first picture is my husband's mom (my mother-in-law).

Previous Friday Photo Flashback:
- I Could Never Promise You
- In Father's Hands
- Thai Version of Wipe Out
- My Graduation Day in Thailand

5 comments:

More Than Words said...

That is wonderful that you and your husband go way back as well! It's amazing how those years have flown by!

Wow, and Happy upcoming half & half Anniversary!!

Thank you for sharing again!

Susan said...

Hi, So nice to meet you!

Loved your pictures.

My son just left Thailand after living there for 6 months. He taught English in a school there.

He loved your country!

Robyn said...

Love your pictures and great memories!

The imPerfect Housewife said...

What fun memories and great pictures! Look at your husband's shorts - no wonder you picked him! HA HA Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a good weekend ~ ♥

Darcie said...

Thanks for sharing a taste of Thailand with us! Great post!

A Must-See Video for Every Christian