Sunday, March 7, 2010

What Has Been On My Mind?

This week, I'm doing something different :).  I copied and pasted what I've been sharing on my Facebook and Twitter.  In the box asking, "What's on your mind?" (on FB) and "What's happening?" (on Twitter), I usually share Bible verses, inspirational quotes, and my thoughts.  Here are some random things that have been on my mind:

"My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed...I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go 'til He comes, give 'til I drop, preach 'til all know, and work 'til He stops me." ~Anne Graham Lotz

"The most important part of our task will be to tell everyone who will listen that Jesus is the only answer to the problems that are disturbing the hearts of men and nations." ~Betsie ten Boom

Life is short; the need to share the Gospel with the lost is urgent. Death is not the worst thing; being separated from God for eternity is.

"There may be days of darkness and distress, when sin has power to tempt, and care to press. Yet in the darkest day I will not fear, for 'midst the shadows, You will still be near. Thank You, Lord Jesus." ~Corrie ten Boom

"How we respond to difficulties will determine whether we are a winner or a whiner. One of Satan’s first temptations when our life appears to be on hold is to tempt us to live by feelings instead of faith." ~Michael Youssef

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16) Let us rest in God's grace and mercy each day...come what may!

"Jesus answered, "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6) "Too often we want a roadmap to the future rather than a relationship with the Way." (~Henry Blackaby) Apart from Christ, this life journey is meaningless and hopeless! Make sure you know the Way!

It is better to be divided by truth than to be united in error. It is better to speak the truth that hurts and then heals, than falsehood that comforts and then kills. It is not LOVE and it is not friendship if we fail to declare the whole counsel of God...It’s better to stand alone with the truth than to be wrong with a multitude.” (~Adrian Rogers)  Let's speak the truth in LOVE ♥ !

"If Christianity seems to you to be having rather less than a remarkable impact on the earth, it is because too many Christians have this idea that we are in a waiting game, that we are basically killing time until Jesus comes back and we all get to go to heaven. We are sitting around like people waiting to catch a flight.... That is not what Jesus told us to do; He didn't say, 'Now hold tight in those pews and twiddle your holy thumbs, I'll be back soon as I can.'" (from Love & War by John and Stasi Eldredge, page 111) Jesus gave us a mission: the Great Commission! Let's be active in serving the King of kings and furthering His kingdom!

"God is not glorified when we kept for ourselves (no matter how thankfully) what we ought to be using to alleviate the misery of unevangelized, uneducated, unmedicated, and unfed millions." ~John Piper

"Sympathy is no substitute for action."(David Livingstone, missionary to Africa) "No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he had only had good intentions."(Margaret Thatcher) Faith without action is dead. Love without action is hypocrisy.What are we doing to reach the lost, to help the needy, to give hope to the hopeless, to save the unborn, to feed the hungry, etc.? Sympathy and good intentions just don't cut it!

"Farewell, vain world; my soul bids you adieu. My Savior taught me to abandon you. Your charms may gratify a sensual mind, but cannot please a soul for God designed." ~David Brainerd

You know that you truly love someone when you still love that person even when he/she is unloveable. How thankful I am that God loves me so!

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8) "Love sent my Lord to the cross of shame, Love found a way, O praise His holy name!" Unknown

Disappointment & discontent occur when we assume we know how life should be and what God should do, instead of trusting God who knows what's best.

Strive to be like Christ, but never glorify our Christlikeness, in place of Christ.


~Please visit here for the links to other Spiritual Sundays posts. Have a blessed day in the Lord, everyone!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Such a great post.

Peggy said...

AMEN! Love your profound thoughts and deep heart for the lost. Blessings my sweet sister. Wonderful quotes and scriptures to be sharing on FC and Twitter. I don't do either so I appreciate you gathering the random here. Thank you and thanks for your prayers for me & the family. I truly need each and every one!

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing those verses, quotes and thoughts. Blessings ~

Charlotte said...

Wow, so many great quotes. Thank you for sharing them with us today.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts to take with us this week.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

It's scary thinking about how many people are not going to be in Heaven. We need to pray for these people.
God Bless,
Ginger

A Must-See Video for Every Christian