Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Love Is The Glue
- Yesterday, we learned that we're to love like Jesus. Today, we learn that we're also to forgive like Jesus. Unconditionally. To forgive others is to imitate Christ.
- The key to forgiving others is remembering how much God has forgiven us. We must forgive those who offend/wrong/hurt us. Each of us has sinned many more times against God than others have against us.
- Freely give grace and forgiveness because you've been freely given grace and forgiveness. "Freely you have received; freely give." ~Jesus (Matthew 10:8b)
- The virtue that sums up, gives meaning to, and cements all these other virtues (compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience) is love. To practice any of these virtues without love means nothing. "Love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." (Romans 13:9b-10) Love unifies people.
- Realizing God's infinite love and forgiveness for us can help us love and forgive others. We definitely need the Holy Spirit to enable us to love and forgive like Jesus.