Tuesday, February 4, 2014
- God has good, pleasing, and perfect plans for His children. He wants us to be transformed people with renewed mind, living to glorify Him and obey Him. With renewed mind/a new way of thinking, we'll be able to discern what God wants for us.
- Christians are called to quit acting like the world and stop embracing the world's values which are self-centered and corrupting. However, it's possible to avoid most worldly customs yet still be covetous, selfish, and prideful. Our mind/our thoughts/our way of thinking has to be truly transformed by the Holy Spirit and God's Holy Word.
- We're a new creation. We no longer think the way the world thinks; we embrace the mind and the attitudes of Christ. Our old way of thinking and living has gone, being replaced with a whole new outlook on life and living according to God's Word.
- "Without the renewed mind, we will distort the Scriptures to avoid their radical commands for self-denial, and love, and purity, and supreme satisfaction in Christ alone." ~John Piper
- “Farewell, vain world; my soul bids you adieu.
My Savior taught me to abandon you.
Your charms may gratify a sensual mind,
but cannot please a soul for God designed.”
- "When they see a follower of Jesus who is sold out for Christ, living free of legalism and bondage to the world, they are drawn to Jesus. When they see a follower of Jesus living for 'self' and the world, they have no problem rejecting Jesus because it allows them to play the hypocrite card. The world needs us to be an example of living the Bible so that they too are drawn to Christ. They need answers, and for us to say we are "Christians" and live our life in pursuit of personal gain would only be a contradiction to who we say we follow. " ~David McGee