1. I am thankful that my husband is diligent, hard-working, and handy. He not only works hard outside the home (as a civil engineer), but also works hard at home (maintenance, caulking, painting, etc.) & around our property (taking care of the goats, the lawn, the fence, etc.).
2. I am thankful for my family's good health. We rarely have to visit a doctor.
3. I am thankful for food...the variety of foods that we can eat. The more I hear about other people's food allergies, the more I am thankful that our family members have not had severe food allergies yet. I am allergic to hazelnuts and dairy products but that's no big deal :). My husband is mildly allergic to eggs and dairy products.
4. I am thankful that the Lord has blessed our children with discernment. They have shown us in words and actions Godly wisdom and discernment; they have stood firm in their faith and convictions.
5. I am thankful for brothers and sisters in Christ who take the Great Commission seriously. Our family has a passion especially for reaching the unreached with the Gospel. Alyssa, our 16 year old daughter, just made a video featuring one of our favorite Christian organizations. Please take a look below and see how you can help make an eternal impact. She also wrote a relevant article, Plentiful Harvest, for Growing In Grace (online) Magazine this month.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20
"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." Mark 16:15
"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"" Romans 10:14-15