Monday, June 23, 2014
Live in Christ with Thankfulness
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7
- In Christ alone, through Christ alone, because of Christ alone, and by Christ alone, we've been saved and allowed to enter the Kingdom of God. And that's the way we should continue to live our lives. The secret to Christian living is Christ. The secret to spiritual growth is Christ.
- Christ lives in us and we live in Christ. O the beauty of believers' intimate, spiritual union with Christ! Just as you received Christ Jesus by faith with gratitude, continue to walk in Him by faith with overflowing thankfulness. "This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did." (1 John 2:5-6) Do our lives reflect Christ? Our words, attitudes, and actions should flow out of our relationship with Christ. We need a continual abiding in Christ to be able to bear much fruit for God. "I am the Vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5) Cling to Christ. Constantly walk in His steps. To Know Him more and to make Him known! Live intentionally in Christ and for Christ everywhere we go. Be His witnesses in the world.
- Rooted in Christ--Our identity is in Christ. It's so important to know Who Christ is and who we are in Christ. In Christ, we're saved, alive, born again, blessed, forgiven, free, loved, righteous, and holy. We are children of God and co-heirs with Christ. Just as plants draw nourishment through the roots, so we draw our nourishment, power, and strength from Christ, Who is the Source of Life. In Him we have unlimited supply of everything we ever need. We can rest in our blessed assurance of salvation. Our fruitful spiritual life hinges upon living in active dependence upon Christ. When we're rooted and grounded in Christ, we'll be able to withstand any storms of life. Unmoved and unshaken.
- Built up in Christ--Maturity in Christ. Sanctification is a process. Are we growing in Christlikeness? "Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18a) "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." ~Jesus (Matthew 7:24-25)
- Strengthened in the faith--"Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace." (Hebrews 13:9a) "I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith." (Ephesians 3:16-17a) "Strengthen me according to Your Word." (Psalm 119:28b) "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong." (1 Corinthians 16:13) Stand firm in the truths God has taught you in His Word. It will strengthen your faith muscle.
- Overflowing with thankfulness--When we truly realize the measureless depth and extent of God's love, grace, and mercy for us, we can't help but be abounding with thanksgiving. Christ is the Greatest Gift of all! God's presence is the Best Present! God gives us Himself; I'm forever grateful! Christ alone is my Lord, Savior, Life, Hope, Joy, Peace, Love, and Christ alone I will proclaim, praise, & exalt!