"He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the Head of the body, the Church; He is the Beginning and the Firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything He might have the supremacy." Colossians1:17-18
- Christ is before all things. Preexistence before time. He has always existed from eternity past to eternity beyond.
- In Christ all things hold together. He has sustained everything. Christ is the Ruler of God's creation (Revelation 3:14b). "The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful Word." (Hebrews 1:3a)
- Christ is the Head of the body, the Church. "God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the Church, which is His body, the fullness of Him Who fills everything in every way." (Ephesians 1:22)
- Christ is the Beginning. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End." ~Jesus (Revelation 21:6a)
- Christ is the Firstborn from among the dead. Christ was the first to rise from the dead with a resurrected body. "Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive." (1 Corinthians 15:20-22)
- In everything, Christ has the supremacy. Is Christ first and preeminent in your life?