Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Light of the World



Photobucket

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, 'I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'" John8:12 

Have you ever tried walking in darkness?  You may stumble, bump into things, and/or (more often than not) head in the wrong direction; your life could very well be in danger.  In Thailand when I was little, my aunts took me to see a movie on an outdoor screen which was set up on a public lawn.  It was a dark night and while we walked, we relied only on the moon's light to guide us.  My aunts were busy chatting and for a moment, they forgot to watch me.  I fell into a manhole (obviously without a cover).  I don't remember all the details.  Thank God, somehow...someone...pulled me out.  It is a scary thing to walk in darkness.  I am so thankful that I follow Jesus, the Light of the World.  Since we, Christ's followers, have the light of life, we also are light to the world.
"You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16

Let's all shine brightly for Jesus!


P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway (4 free movie tickets) on my HSB blog.  The deadline is this Saturday.  Hope you will stop by and enter :)!

Previous WFW:

11 comments:

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

I love this.....The Holy Spirit is brought the awareness of following the Light to me also on this WFW.....

And your post finished it to talk about BEING a light in the world!

Happy WFW
Bernice

Denise said...

I really like this.

lori said...

Peace to you today! What a great word shared! We just finished reading A Christmas Carol and the lessons learned from Scrooge are certainly one for this time...

Thank you for the blessing!
peace,
lori

Susan said...

Great word!!!!!!!!!!

Love Keith Green too.

Blessings to you this WFW♥

Farmgirl Paints said...

Just came across your blog. What a great witness you are for HIM! Keep up the Great Work!!

Peggy said...

Blessings and you are a great testimony of His Light! Keep shining!
Love your WFW and Scrooge post with Advent Conspiracy & many for us to consider as we break forth with the light of Jesus for the many needs & commissions we still must be about doing! Thank you for your prayers!

Cathy said...

A beautiful picture and Words ~

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, festive way to look at the Light.
Ginger

Karen said...

This was great...loved it!

Unknown said...

The HS timing on this is great. Our worship this past Sunday was on this very thing. My dad told me what he was going to be preaching on (the OT menorah representing/prophecying Jesus being the Light of the world/Light of life), and so I prepared our worship around that, and I was saying it to myself and my kids all week. "Jesus is the Light of the world!" It was especially appropriate when we had a power outage. Essie (3) said, "I'm scared, Mommy. It's dark." It was so comforting to be able to say, "There's nothing to be afraid of, honey. Jesus is the Light of the world. We never need to be afraid of the dark, knowing He is near."

Timely post for me. Confirmation of what the Lord's been saying to me this week. :)

ozjane said...

Lovely reminder of how we are to reflect the light of life in our lives,

A Must-See Video for Every Christian