1. I am thankful for snow. We all love snow here. We had our first snow of this winter on Tuesday and had lots of fun sledding.
2. I am thankful for my husband's time off work from Dec. 24th to Jan. 3rd. We love having him home with us.
3. I am thankful for our wonderful neighbors. We enjoyed our visit with them when we gave them our Christmas goodies. They are really nice people.
4. I am thankful for books that are encouraging & inspiring and draw readers closer to God and His Word. You can see my top ten reads of 2009 here (the post below this one).
5. I am thankful for the eternal perspective God has given me. Trials and sufferings on earth are nothing when we think of spending eternity in either heaven or hell. "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18) May you welcome a new year with an eternal perspective! "Save some, O Christian! By all means, save some. From yonder flames and outer darkness, and the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. Seek to save some! Let this, as in the case of the apostles, be your great, ruling object in life, that by all means you might save some." Charles Spurgeon